Thursday, May 15, 2008

OpenSolaris 200805, Missing Header Files

As you know, I am now running OpenSolaris 2008.05 under VirtualBox in my Windows Vista. Today I had time to install the SunStudio 12 and Sun HPC Cluster Tools 7.1 in my virtual opensolaris so that I can compile all my favourite open source and HPC tools.

I realised that the this OpenSolaris 2008.05 does not come with OS header files (eg. stdio.h, ....) and X Windows include files (eg, X11/Xlib.h, ...), probably because the LiveCD version cannot afford to put too many things in 700MB. Anyway, you need to install SUNWhea and SUNWxwinc packages using "packagemanager" CLI. BTW, I was not able to launch the "Package Manager" from the "System" -> "Administration". The GUI Package Manager screwed up my keyboard input for no obvious reason.

See screen dumps for packagemanager in action.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home