OCBC Cycling Analysis
These are my findings
- Raced flagged off at 6:30am, which is the offical start time for the 39km race
- The first 6 batches of cyclists were staggered to start then followed by the rest of the participants.
- Start time cut off at around 7:10am. This is likely to prepare for the next race which is suppose to start at 7:30am
- A very small group of cyclists started after 7:30am. I supposed these are the late comer which missed the cut off time and managed to sneak in to the next race.
- Majority of the professional cyclists registered early (assuming the smaller the race number, the earlier the registration)
- Beginners or novice cyclists (like myself) tend to registrate late.
gnuplot command file:
set title "OCBC Cycling Singapore 2012\n39km The Challenge" set terminal png size 900,500 set output 'data39.png' set ylabel 'Race No.' set key box set xdata time set format x '%H:%M' set timefmt '%H:%M:%S' set xtics 900 rotate by -90 scale 0 font ",8" set xrange ['06:15:00':] set grid plot \ 'data39.txt' using 2:1 with points title 'Start time', \ 'data39.txt' using 3:1 with points title 'End time', \ 'mytime.txt' using 2:1 with lines title 'My time'
$ cat mytime.txt 37807 05:30:00 37807 10:00:00 30000 06:47:27 55000 06:47:27 30000 08:24:14 55000 08:24:14